FINAL FANTASY XIII

FINAL FANTASY XIII

View Stats:
This topic has been locked
Temporary Fix/Tip for Missing Enemy Intel/Datalog Text
------The Problem------

Many players who have had the game before the last patch or played the game on console know that one of the advantages of the Datalog was the Notes the game gave you for each encountered enemy in the Datalog's Enemy Intel.

However, after the last patch that allowed for rendering in higher resolutions, there was and at the time of this writing still is a bug where once you increase the resolution past a certain point, the text for the Notes in Enemy Intel was suddenly missing.

There is much discussion over the topic with players trying to use GeDoSaTo which I found a little to cumbersome to use myself.

Many players who recently bought the game with the steam sale over thie past weekend as well as anyone who bought the game after the last patch was released probably do not even know that there is supposed to be informational text in the Enemy Intel Datalog.

------Introduction------

This isn't a Fix, just a simple Tip that I am using to fix this problem temporarily until an official patch comes out to resolve the issue. I know that it may not make everyone happy, but for those that just want to get on with it and play the game and still have access to the notes, this is my Tip.

-------The Fix/Tip------

1. Once the game is running simply go to the Enemy Intel you wish to see the Informational notes for.

2. Now bring up your Steam Overlay (Shift+Tab by Default)

3. Open the Steam Web Browser

4. Copy and Paste this URL in the browser

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Datalog/Enemy_Intel

5. Use the Find Command (Ctrl+F by default)

6. Type in the name of the enemy you are attempting to look up.

7. VERY IMPORTANT: Click the enemy's name and DO NOT click the picture itself.

If you click the picture, you'll notice someone took all the dang screenshots with the same dang bug of missing informational textwhich defeats the whole purpose of what we're trying to achieve.

8. You'll notice the wiki article for that particular enemy loads up. On the right hand side you'll notice a summary section of the enemy. If you scroll all the way down you'll see the Notes section which is the same as in the official game.

Additionally, you'll occassionally find some added information by the user who has contributed to the page that isn't found in the game if you decide to read the actual article itself about various enemys you look up.

9. Shift+Tab back into the game, when you have a new enemy to look up. Shift+Tab the Steam Overlay back up. If you made sure to not close out of the browser, the last article you looked up should still be there.

Use the back button and repeat the above steps for each enemy you look up.

That's it.. Short, Simple and sweet. Not as fluid as the game being fixed but a simple tip in the mean time that may prove to be very useful.

Last edited by [FOX]FoxTech; Feb 10, 2015 @ 2:08pm
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
[FOX]FoxTech Feb 10, 2015 @ 2:10pm 
Ok edited the topic so that it's easier to read depending on what information someone might be looking/reading for.

Additionally, added a quicker solution to finding enemys while getting around the problem with the steam browser's speed on the website.

Hope that helps for anyone who may have not liked the original idea.
yoship Dec 13, 2017 @ 7:08am 
That's a handy link, seems like browsing this page is the only easy solution left for the missing enemy intel bug. Going to keep this webpage open on my phone, the builtin Steam browser not working properly for me.
d0msen Dec 13, 2017 @ 3:09pm 
Yo theres actually a really easy workaround for this. Just play around with screen resolutions, 1080p didnt work for me either, but i just switched to another screen resolution and intel was visible with the game not looking too bad
yoship Dec 13, 2017 @ 8:02pm 
True, enemy intel notes are visible at 720p resolutions but not above. But there's also drop in graphics quality from 1080p to 720p, and considering this FF XIII's visuals at native monitor resolution are so beautiful, it's a bit of a curveball. I think I'll drop to 720p especially for my first Eidolon fight at which I'm stuck, and from there maybe play at 1080p mostly, with 720p for bosses.
Tuxedious Dec 16, 2022 @ 6:24am 
Link in OP's post doesn't work.

Try this one instead:
https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Datalog_(Final_Fantasy_XIII)/Enemy_Intel
Wayne Dec 17, 2022 @ 12:08pm 
This thread was quite old before the recent post, so we're locking it to prevent confusion.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50